Since reading is so important, you may want to print a copy of this article for the parents of the children in your group.
The best types of books for each age group
- Books with bright colors and simple illustrations that represent their daily life.
- Hardcover or washable books.
For children 18 months old to 2 years old:
- Books with short text and colourful illustrations.
- Interactive books (songs, games, accessories, etc.).
- Books about children's daily life or books about their favorite subjects (animals, potty training, picture books, etc.).
- Sturdy books.
For children 3 years old or older:
- Children this age enjoy books with repetitive text.
- Hunt and seek books.
- Books that can be used to spark discussions.
- Tales that are appropriate for all are ideal.
Description of different kinds of books
- Short, fictitious, and often enchanting.
- Often involve a moral, a lesson.
- Begin and end the same way (Once upon a time...).
- Inform, teach, raise awareness, and stimulate readers.
- Involve a specific subject.
- Their plot involves events or situations children are familiar with, things they have experienced or will most likely encounter.
- Encourage children and adults to interact.
How to attract children to reading
- Select books that talk about their passions and interests.
- Visit the library with them and invite them to pick books that interest them.
- Have fun reading and exploring books with them.
- Act as a reading role model.
- Make sure they have access to a wide range of books.
- Offer several different types of books to discover which types they like most.
Educatall.com is not responsible for the content of this article. The information mentioned in this article is the responsibility of the author. Educatall.com shall not be held responsible for any litigation or issues resulting from this article.