Great for piñatas, structures of all kinds, models, etc.
- 1 cup of cold water
- ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
- 5 cups of water
- Combine the flour and cold water in a bowl until the mixture is smooth and homogenous.
- Bring 5 cups of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add the first mixture to the boiling water. Continue boiling while stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, pour into a bowl, and cool.
- Dip strips of newspaper in the mixture and layer onto the object you wish to mould (ex. Balloon, box, etc.).
** Be careful not to put too much mixture on the newspaper or it will take forever to dry!
Once the paper maché is completely dry, you may paint your project or add accessories.
To make a piñata you may cover a balloon with the mixture. Once dry, pop the balloon inside and fill the cavity with candy or small toys. Children can decorate as they wish!
The Educatall Team
A little bit of everything! Ideas to make transition periods smoother or to animate specific parts of the day!
No element of this text may be copied,
reproduced, distributed, published, translated, downloaded, posted, or
transmitted, in any way, without prior written authorization from
Educatall and the copyright holder. Elements may be posted and/or
downloaded solely for personal and non-commercial use provided no
modifications are made and all notices of intellectual property are
fully shown (name of the author, title of the article, name of the
website, date the text is used and the date of the part in question).