My apple tree in the orchard
Display the apple trees created by the children in your group on a wall to represent an orchard.
1. Gather your material. You will need a cereal box, an egg carton, white glue and/or hot glue, yellow, red, and green poster paint, scissors, and a paintbrush.
2. Cut the cereal box so you have two cardboard rectangles.
3. Cut a tree trunk shape out of one piece of cardboard.
4. Cut your apple tree's foliage out of the second piece of cardboard as shown.
5. Paint the foliage with a thick coat of green poster paint. Let dry.
6. Once the paint is dry, glue the foliage on the top part of the tree trunk.
7. Using the scissors, separate a few egg carton sections. Paint them with the red and yellow poster paint to represent apples. Let dry.
8. Glue the apples on the foliage to complete your apple tree.