Jell-O Modeling (and Cookie) Dough
This dough can be played with or baked to make delicious cookies.
Yield: approximately 24 cookies
- 3 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 ½ cup of butter, softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 4 boxes of Jell-O, different flavours
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Beat the butter in a large bowl until texture is creamy. Add sugar and beat until texture is light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat again.
- Combine the flour and the baking powder in another bowl.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until dough is smooth and homogeneous.
- Divide dough among four bowls.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of Jell-O powder to each bowl and knead dough to incorporate the color.
- Let children manipulate the dough and create different shapes. Make sure their hands and the surface they are working on are clean. If you wish to make cookies, form small balls of dough (2 cm diameter) and roll them in the remaining Jell-O powder. Arrange the balls of dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving approximately 4 cm between them.
- Use a fork, the palm of your hand, or the bottom of a drinking glass to flatten the balls of dough.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for 2 minutes before removing them from the cookie sheet. Set them on a wire rack until they are completely cooled.
Educatall.com is not responsible for the content of this article. The information mentioned in this article is the responsibility of the author. Educatall.com shall not be held responsible for any litigation or issues resulting from this article.