My balloon heart pendant...
Make your own original Valentine’s Day jewelry.
- Gather your material. You will need elastic string, a red pipe cleaner, and several balloons in Valentine’s Day colors (pink, white, purple, red).
- Use the pipe cleaner to form a heart as shown.
- Remove the end of each balloon. Cut each balloon in half. Note that there is no need to be precise. Children will enjoy this step; cutting through the balloon texture is interesting and challenging.
- Show them how they can knot the cut balloons all the way around their pipe cleaner heart.
- Keep going until the heart is completely filled with color.
- Knot the center of a long piece of elastic rope around the upper portion of the heart and knot the ends together to form a necklace. Children will love wearing their unique necklace around their neck; it will be perfectly lightweight! Of course, continuous supervision is required.