Cut and Paste Penguin
1. Gather your materials. For this craft, I used 3 foam sheets in white, black and orange, scissors, a pen and glue.
2. Draw the outline of the penguin on the black foam sheet. I eyeballed it. You could easily use construction paper instead of the foam sheets.
3. Cut the outline out.
4. Using the black outline, trace it onto the white sheet, and then when cutting it out do so an inch INSIDE the line, so it's the same shape but smaller.
5. Cut out small round eyes out of the leftover black foam/paper.
6. Draw a foot, double the foam so you have two layers and cut.
7. Cut out a small triangle for the beak.
8. Start gluing! (Can you tell he's taking the feet off?) If you are doing this with little ones I would draw the eyes and beak with a marker because these small foam pieces are tempting to chew on and choke!
9. If you are doing this with an older child, trace the outlines with a good marker and have them do the cutting.
been teaching young children in various capacities since 1993. She
started as a day camp leader in high school, taught various preschool
programs at community centers through university, worked as a tutor
while pursuing a second degree in elementary education, and most
recently worked as a director and preschool teacher before becoming a
full time mom. Now that she is at home she keeps one foot in education
while sharing that side of her life with her son and the results have