I saw my first butterfly of the season today and had an idea...a deliciously yummy and cute idea!
1. Gather your materials. You will need cake mix (we chose one with confetti for added cuteness), a muffin tin, frosting, gummy worms, liquorice laces, and a knife.
2. Prepare cupcakes as per recipe on box. Let cool.
3. Cut the top off of the cupcakes.
4. Cut each cupcake top in two to create butterfly wings. Make a small incision in each wing.
5. Spread icing on the bottom part of the cupcakes. Make sure your frosting isn't too cold to avoid frustration and make it easier to spread.
6. Place a gummy worm on each cupcake bottom and add 2-inch pieces of liquorice on either side. We were lucky enough to find rainbow-coloured laces and this turned into a color recognition activity.
7. Press the butterfly wings on the frosting and enjoy! A wonderful way to celebrate the warm days of spring!
element of this text may be copied, reproduced, distributed, published,
translated, downloaded, posted, or transmitted, in any way, without
prior written authorization from Educatall and the copyright holder.
Elements may be posted and/or downloaded solely for personal and
non-commercial use provided no modifications are made and all notices
of intellectual property are fully shown (name of the author, title of
the article, name of the website, date the text is used and the date of
the part in question).