Bread Tie Fish
I have been collecting plastic bread ties for quite some time now. In the back of my mind, I thought they would make perfect fish scales. What better time to put them to use than this summer's ocean theme?
1. Gather your materials. You will need bread ties (and lots of them!), white glue, fun foam, scissors, a button, and ribbon.
2. Cut a fish shape out of the fun foam. Keep in mind that the bigger your fish shape is, the more bread ties you will need.
3. Apply white glue liberally. Layer bread ties over the entire surface. You can cut bread ties in two to fill in tiny spaces around the edges.
4. Cut a mouth shape out of any leftover fun foam.
5. Glue the mouth and the button which will represent the eye on the fish shape.
6. Let dry.
7. Add ribbon if you wish to hang your fish. I initially intended to add bread ties to both sides of the fish but quickly realized I did not have enough bread ties to do so. If you are doing this craft with a large group, ask parents to collect bread ties for you!
No element of this text may be copied, reproduced, distributed, published, translated, downloaded, posted, or transmitted, in any way, without prior written authorization from Educatall and the copyright holder. Elements may be posted and/or downloaded solely for personal and non-commercial use provided no modifications are made and all notices of intellectual property are fully shown (name of the author, title of the article, name of the website, date the text is used and the date of the part in question).