Cork cowboy hat
We've been collecting wine corks for quite some time now. Here is one way we found to put them to good use. I like the way they look much like straw once they are cut into pieces... and what a great texture for little hands to discover!
1. Gather your materials. You will need white glue, several wine corks, scissors, brown Fun Foam, paper, a pen, and feathers.
2. Using a pen, draw a cowboy hat shape (no need to be perfect as you can see!) on the paper. Have children cut it out.
3. Have children trace the paper model on the brown Fun Foam and cut it out.
4. Cut each wine cork into four pieces. You may want to cut them ahead of time since this step is difficult for little ones.
5. Cover the cowboy hat shape with white glue.
6. Add the cork pieces, beginning at the bottom and working your way up to the top of the cowboy hat.
7. Add ribbon and a feather and you're done!
No element of this text may be copied, reproduced, distributed, published, translated, downloaded, posted, or transmitted, in any way, without prior written authorization from Educatall and the copyright holder. Elements may be posted and/or downloaded solely for personal and non-commercial use provided no modifications are made and all notices of intellectual property are fully shown (name of the author, title of the article, name of the website, date the text is used and the date of the part in question).