Miniature greenhouse in a bag
- One small "Ziploc" bag per child
- 3 moistened cotton balls per child
- 2-3 large seeds (beans)
- Adhesive tape
- Place a seed inside each cotton ball (just beneath the surface) and deposit in the plastic bag.
- Close the bag and tape it to a window which receives lots of sunlight. The seeds should begin to sprout within 3-5 days.
- When the sprouts measure approximately 2 cm, they may be transplanted to a pot filled with soil to continue growing (planting the cotton balls directly into the soil accelerates growth).
**It can be interesting to plant a variety of seeds at the same time for children to
compare which type grows first, which one grows fastest, the various colors, etc.
The Educatall Team
A little bit of everything! Ideas to make transition periods smoother or to animate specific parts of the day!
No element of this text may be copied,
reproduced, distributed, published, translated, downloaded, posted, or
transmitted, in any way, without prior written authorization from
Educatall and the copyright holder. Elements may be posted and/or
downloaded solely for personal and non-commercial use provided no
modifications are made and all notices of intellectual property are
fully shown (name of the author, title of the article, name of the
website, date the text is used and the date of the part in question).