Corn-based modeling dough (GLUTEN-FREE)
- 2 cups of corn flour
- 1 cup of salt
- 1 ½ cup of lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 1 ½ tablespoon of vegetable oil
- A few drops of food coloring
- Lemon, cinnamon, maple, or other essence of your choice (optional, for scented dough)
Note: Quantities may vary since the brand or shelf-life of the products you use can influence how ingredients interact.
- Combine water and food coloring in a pot (to guarantee color will be uniform throughout).
- Add the other ingredients and stir.
- Cook mixture over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Once the dough begins to cook, small "jelly-like" pieces will appear. Continue to cook the dough until texture is homogeneous.
- Once dough is homogeneous, deposit it on a plate and set it aside until it is completely cooled.
- Manipulate and use dough as you would use traditional modeling dough.
- Store dough in an airtight container.
***This modeling dough is particularly interesting for children with gluten allergy symptoms. It is gluten-free since regular flour has been replaced with corn flour.***
Educatall.com is not responsible for the content of this article. The information mentioned in this article is the responsibility of the author. Educatall.com shall not be held responsible for any litigation or issues resulting from this article.