These adorable medals are perfect for our yellow theme.
1. Gather your materials. You will need a small plastic lid, a sponge paintbrush, yellow and orange bread ties, scissors, ribbon, yellow paint, white glue and/or hot glue, wiggly eyes and red Fun Foam.
2. Paint the plastic lid using the yellow paint and let dry.
3. Cut the bread ties to give them a triangular shape as shown. Explore and count the triangles with your group.
4. Cut a smiling mouth shape out of the red Fun Foam.
5. Glue two wiggly eyes and the mouth on your medal/sun. Slide the bread ties around the contour of the lid to represent the sun's rays. You may ask children to reproduce a pattern: one yellow bread tie, one orange bread tie, one yellow bread tie, and so on.
6. Glue the ribbon to the back of you sun to complete your medal.
element of this text may be copied, reproduced, distributed, published,
translated, downloaded, posted, or transmitted, in any way, without
prior written authorization from Educatall and the copyright holder.
Elements may be posted and/or downloaded solely for personal and
non-commercial use provided no modifications are made and all notices of
intellectual property are fully shown (name of the author, title of the
article, name of the website, date the text is used and the date of the
part in question).