A rainbow in a bag (cooking required)
You will need:
- ⅓ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- 4 cups of cold water
- Food coloring
- Mix all ingredients except food coloring together in a large pot.
- Cook on medium-low heat until mixture thickens.
- Pour mixture into individual bowls (you can use muffin tins) and add 1-2 drops of food coloring to each bowl.
- Pour mixture into Ziploc bags.
- Let children manipulate the bags to explore the grainy texture and vibrant colors.
- After a while, encourage children to explore the mixture further by letting them combine colors...to create a rainbow in a bag!
- The mixture can be used for a few days.
Variation: Place the bags in the refrigerator or freezer. Children will enjoy exploring the sensation of cold.
Educatall.com is not responsible for the content of this article. The information mentioned in this article is the responsibility of the author. Educatall.com shall not be held responsible for any litigation or issues resulting from this article.