- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of coffee grounds (set out to dry on a baking sheet overnight)
- ½ cup of salt
- ¼ cup of fine sand
- ¾ cup of lukewarm water
- Tiny objects that can be inserted in the rocks (dice, marbles, small toys, etc.)
Please note that you may have to adjust the quantities since the brands, temperature, and the date packages were opened can all influence the way the ingredients interact.
- Preheat oven to 170°C (325°F).
- In a bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Slowly add water, mixing until dough forms. You may not need to add all the water.
- Divide dough in four portions and set a small quantity of dough aside.
- Roll each piece into a ball. With your finger, make a hole in the centre of each ball. Insert a small object inside each hole and cover them with the dough you initially set aside.
- Deposit the surprise rocks on a baking sheet and bake them for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove the surprise rocks from the oven and let them cool completely.
- Children will be able to crack them open with their hands to discover the objects hidden inside.
Educatall.com is not responsible for the content of this article. The information mentioned in this article is the responsibility of the author. Educatall.com shall not be held responsible for any litigation or issues resulting from this article.