Children will enjoy admiring the autumn scenery through this mask.
1. Gather your material. You will need orange Fun Foam, two small branches, a Popsicle stick, white glue, scissors, green and red poster paint, brown pipe cleaners, and two small containers (for the poster paint).
2. Trace a leaf shape on the Fun Foam. Keep in mind that this shape will become a mask. The leaf shape can be as simple or as complex as you wish, but it should be drawn horizontally. Cut it out.
3. Pour a small amount of green poster paint in one container and a small amount of red poster paint in the second container. Dip the tip of one branch in the red paint and draw lines on the leaf to represent veins.
4. Repeat using the other branch dipped in green poster paint. Let dry.
5. Wrap the pipe cleaners around the Popsicle stick that will represent both the petiole (leafstalk) and a handle for holding the mask.
6. Glue the Popsicle stick behind the leaf.
7. Cut two holes for the eyes.
No element of this text may be copied, reproduced, distributed, published, translated, downloaded, posted, or transmitted, in any way, without prior written authorization from Educatall and the copyright holder. Elements may be posted and/or downloaded solely for personal and non-commercial use provided no modifications are made and all notices of intellectual property are fully shown (name of the author, title of the article, name of the website, date the text is used and the date of the part in question).