Coloured (Edible) Marshmallow Dough
(inspired by My Buddies & I)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (or other high temperature tolerant oil)
- 1 one pound bag of large marshmallows
- 3 - 4 cups of cornstarch
- Food colouring
- Over medium heat, melt coconut oil in a pot.
- Once liquid, add the entire bag of marshmallows. Stir frequently until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Working quickly, divide the marshmallow mixture into four bowls (approximately 1 cup per bowl) and stir 3 drops of liquid food colouring into each bowl.
- Add 3/4 of a cup of cornstarch to each bowl to start. Using a spoon, stir vigorously until marshmallow goo and cornstarch begin to come together. Use your hands to knead in the extra cornstarch once the dough is cool enough to be handled.
- If needed, add an extra ¼ cup of cornstarch to each bowl to firm up the dough. However, be careful not to add too much as the dough will become too hard.