- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (or dark chocolate)
- 12 small plastic spoons
- Waxed paper
- Pour the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and cook on MEDIUM power for approximately 5 minutes, stirring every 90 seconds. **Be careful, since microwave ovens vary in power, watch the chocolate closely.
- Continue to cook and stir until the chocolate chips are completely melted.
- Dip the tips of the spoons in the melted chocolate and set them on the waxed paper.
- Let the chocolate harden. Place the spoons in the refrigerator to accelerate the process.
- Tie a few spoons together with pretty ribbon. They make great gifts.
Variation: You may also add a special flavour to the chocolate with a few drops of peppermint oil, orange essence, etc.