Homemade paint blocks
**For 12 half-full miniature muffin cups, double this recipe.
- 4 tablespoons of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- Food coloring (colors will be more vibrant if gel food coloring is used)
- A miniature muffin mold
- A cup (or a bowl) with a pouring spout and a handle to make manipulations easier
- Combine baking soda and vinegar in bowl. Wait for the mixture to stop bubbling.
- Add corn syrup and cornstarch and stir until cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Pour mixture into the miniature muffin cups, filling each one approximately half full.
- Add the desired color to each muffin cup. If you are using liquid food coloring, add a small amount of cornstarch to compensate and thicken the mixture.
- Mix well to obtain homogeneous colors.
- Let them air dry for 24 to 48 hours. The paint blocks must be completely dry before they can be used.
- Use the blocks as you would use store-bought paint blocks. The colors will be brighter and more opaque, but the biggest advantage of making your own paint blocks is all the money you will save!
Educatall.com is not responsible for the content of this article. The information mentioned in this article is the responsibility of the author. Educatall.com shall not be held responsible for any litigation or issues resulting from this article.