Volcanic sidewalk paint
Ingredients to make approximately 3 bottles (3 colors):
- 1/3 cup of cold water
- 1/3 cup of cornstarch
- 1/3 cup of baking soda
- Food coloring or powdered paint (colors will be more vibrant if gel food coloring is used)
**You will also need a spray bottle filled with vinegar to complete the activity.
- Combine water, cornstarch, and baking soda in a bowl or measuring cup with a pouring spout.
- Divide the mixture among two or three squeezable bottles and add the desired color to each one. Mix well.
- Let children use the paint bottles to draw designs on the asphalt or cement in your yard.
- When the bottles are empty (or when children lose interest in the activity), use the spray bottle to spritz vinegar on their designs.
- Their colourful creations will foam and bubble under their eyes; children will love to watch this fun reaction.
- Rinse their designs away with water or wait for the next rainfall to wash away their designs for you.
Educatall.com is not responsible for the content of this article. The information mentioned in this article is the responsibility of the author. Educatall.com shall not be held responsible for any litigation or issues resulting from this article.