Sweet haunted house
Set on a windowsill or displayed on a bulletin board, this haunted house
will be the perfect addition to your Halloween décor!
1. Gather your material. You will need cardboard, black construction paper, purple Fun Foam, chalk, white glue and/or hot glue, scissors, and Halloween cake decorations.
2. Glue the black construction paper on the cardboard to make it stronger. If needed, cut the black construction paper to make it the same size as the piece of cardboard.
3. Fold each side of the construction paper towards the centre as shown (there is no need to measure, haunted houses are always crooked!).
4. Cut a small rectangle on either side, near the top of your haunted house. Once again, they don't need to be symmetrical.
5. Open up your haunted house.
6. Cut three roof sections out of the purple Fun Foam. Each section should be a different size. Use chalk to draw roof shingles as shown.
7. Use the chalk to draw a door and windows on your haunted house.
8. Glue the roof sections on your haunted house.
9. Finally, glue the Halloween cake decorations on your haunted house to decorate it. This is a great fine motor skills exercise since the candy pieces are often quite delicate. They will need to be handled with care. Be sure to have extras on hand (beware of allergies).
element of this text may be copied, reproduced, distributed, published,
translated, downloaded, posted, or transmitted, in any way, without
prior written authorization from Educatall and the copyright holder.
Elements may be posted and/or downloaded solely for personal and
non-commercial use provided no modifications are made and all notices of
intellectual property are fully shown (name of the author, title of the
article, name of the website, date the text is used and the date of the
part in question).