Magic Sand for Sand Castles
- 1 cup of fine sand
- ½ cup of cornstarch
- ¾ cup of liquid starch for clothing (Glide, etc.)
- Old pot
- Old mixing bowl (sand scratches!)
- Combine sand and cornstarch in the bowl.
- Add liquid starch and mix.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. The mixture will resemble a paste after 3-5 minutes.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes before using.
- Allow children to mould their sand castle (or other shape).Allow to dry. It will become hard as rock!
**Moulds used in sandboxes help create different models.
The Educatall Team
A little bit of everything! Ideas to make transition periods smoother or to animate specific parts of the day!
No element of this text may be copied, reproduced, distributed, published, translated, downloaded, posted, or transmitted, in any way, without prior written authorization from Educatall and the copyright holder. Elements may be posted and/or downloaded solely for personal and non-commercial use provided no modifications are made and all notices of intellectual property are fully shown (name of the author, title of the article, name of the website, date the text is used and the date of the part in question).