Introduce children to ice skating with this craft.
1. Gather your material. You will need newspaper, a brown paper lunch bag, a wide shoelace, white glue and/or hot glue, a hole-punch, scissors, a paintbrush, white poster paint (or black poster paint for boys), a sheet of gold or silver Fun Foam, and ribbon.
2. Open the brown paper bag and cut the top off. Use the scissors to create a skate outline.
3. Use the hole-punch to make holes along the upper portion of the skate's boot (in both layers).
4. Press crumpled pieces of newspaper in the bag to round out the skate's shape.
5. Paint the outside of the skate. Let dry completely.
6. Thread the wide shoelace through the holes and tie the two ends together as shown.
7. Cut two skate blade shapes out of the gold or silver Fun Foam.
8. Glue the two blades together, back to back. Avoid gluing the top portion that attaches to the skate and fold them in opposite directions as shown to create a « cradle » for the skate boot.
9. Glue the blade under the skate. Simply thread a piece of ribbon through one of the shoelace loops to hang the skate from the ceiling.
element of this text may be copied, reproduced, distributed, published,
translated, downloaded, posted, or transmitted, in any way, without
prior written authorization from Educatall and the copyright holder.
Elements may be posted and/or downloaded solely for personal and
non-commercial use provided no modifications are made and all notices of
intellectual property are fully shown (name of the author, title of the
article, name of the website, date the text is used and the date of the
part in question).