Collect branches while outside with your group and use them to create a unique fire.
1. Gather your material. You will need red, orange, and yellow paint, aluminum pie plates or other containers you can pour paint in, a scrubbing brush, several branches, white glue and/or hot glue, scissors, and a large piece of white paper.
2. Pour red paint in an aluminum plate and dip the scrubbing brush in it. Make several impressions on the white paper to represent flames.
3. Pour orange poster paint in another aluminum plate and make orange impressions on top of and between the red flames.
4. Pour yellow paint in a third aluminum plate to add yellow flames to your mural. Be sure to name each color with the children in your group.
5. One by one, glue the branches at the bottom of your mural to represent logs. Add a few drops of glue to stick the branches together for extra solidity. Hang your mural on a wall. Children will love sitting in front of their unique campfire to sing songs, pretend to roast marshmallows, etc.