Collect small branches and use them to create your very own campfire.
1. Gather your material. You will need red, orange, and yellow poster paint, aluminum pie plates (or other containers) in which you can pour the paint, a scrubbing brush, several branches, white glue and/or hot glue, scissors, and a large piece of white paper.
2. Use the scissors to cut the white paper to the desired size. Pour red poster paint in an aluminum pie plate and dip the scrubbing brush in the paint. Make several prints on the sheet of paper to represent flames.
3. Pour orange poster paint in another aluminum pie plate and make prints to add orange flames.
4. Pour yellow poster paint in another aluminum pie plate and add yellow flames. Be sure to name each color with the children in your group.
5. Glue the branches under the flames to represent logs. Glue the branches together too. Let dry and display on a wall. Children will enjoy sitting in front of their campfire to sing campfire songs and pretending to roast marshmallows.